Questions? Contact us
Nevada Prepaid Tuition
- (888) 477-2667 (Toll Free)
- (702) 486-2025 (Local)
- (702) 486-3246 (Fax)
About the Program
The Nevada Prepaid Tuition Program locks in your child’s future in-state college tuition at today’s prices. That means you don’t have to worry about the rising cost of college tuition or how you’re going to pay for your child’s education. This program was established in 1997 to help Nevada’s families plan and save for higher education. It is one of only 12 prepaid tuition programs in the country. Administered by the Nevada State Treasurer’s Office, Nevada Prepaid Tuition is a qualified 529 plan which means you get the tax advantages of a 529 while having the peace of mind that comes from knowing your child can graduate from college relatively debt-free.
- Locks in your child’s future college tuition at today’s tuition prices
- Pays in-state rate of credit hours at both two-and four-year Nevada public colleges or universities
- Benefits are transferable nationwide to eligible out-of-state or private universities
- Contract rates start as low as $39/month
- Can be used in conjunction with the Millennium Scholarship and other 529 savings programs
- Numerous plans and payment options are available to fit your budget and timeline
- Plans available for newborns through 9th grade
How it Works
Getting started with Prepaid Tuition is simple. There are a number of payment options and terms available for you to choose from. These contract options vary depending on your needs and your financial situation, such as the age of your child when the contract begins, the type of college and number of credit hours you’d like to save for (such as a 2-year community or 4-year university), and whether you prefer to pay a lump sum at the start or in monthly installments over a term of five years, ten years, or until high school graduation.
When to Enroll
Open enrollment for 2022 runs from November 1 through April 15*. (*Note: Subject to change).
The Nevada Prepaid Tuition Program is not guaranteed by the State of Nevada. The Nevada College Savings Plans Board provides fiduciary oversight of the Program.