A. It is easy to open a separate 529 College Savings Plan for your personal contributions by visiting the Nevada State Treasurer’s website http://www.nevadatreasurer.gov/CollegeSavings/CSP_Home/ Some 529 College Savings Plans allow you to open an account with as little as $15 and then make contributions as you wish to that account going forward. You can do this for any student, not just kindergartners.