A:  With the 2017 Legislative session, some changes were made to the regulations and statues to allow unused credit hours to be used towards graduate work or transferred to another qualified beneficiary in certain instances. 

If the beneficiary completes his/her undergraduate degree, and has remaining credit hours in his/her contract:  1.  He/she may be able to apply those credit hours towards a graduate program, paid at the undergraduate program credit hour rate and within the 6 year usage period.  2.  The contract with remaining credit hours may be transferred to a another qualified beneficiary to be used within the 6 year expiration date of the original beneficiary provided that the transfer does not result in any one beneficiary having more than 120 credit hours and that all other contract provisions are met.  Please contact the Prepaid Tuition Program for specific information as how it may apply to you.