A. If a traditional four-year college isn’t right for your child, you can use the funds to pay for other kinds of post-secondary education, like technical and vocational training. If your child decides not to pursue post-secondary education, the funds in the Nevada College Kick Start account will be returned to the Program. Any funds you’ve contributed into your separate 529 College Savings account are available to be transferred to another child in your family or refunded to you. Remember, though, that any earnings on the funds you contributed that are not used for qualified education expenses at an eligible school may be subject to income tax and a 10% penalty.